Milk can be one of the crucial proteins for children. However, sometimes milk spills on clothes and may give off a sour smell.
This article will discuss removing milk sour smell and odors from clothes.
- 1 What Causes The Sour Milk Smell on The Clothes?
- 2 How To Avoid The Sour Milk Smell?
- 3 How do you get a sour smell out of clothes without rewashing?
- 4 How To Remove Sour Smell From Clothes
- 5 6 Tips To Prevent Sour Smell In Clothes
- 6 Question and Answer
- 6.1 Why do I smell like sour milk when I sweat?
- 6.2 Will sour milk smell eventually go away from the clothes?
- 6.3 What causes a sour smell in the laundry?
- 6.4 Why do my towels smell sour after washing?
- 6.5 How long does it take for the sour milk smell to go away?
- 6.6 How do you keep your clothes smelling good in storage?
- 6.7 How do you get the smell of sour milk out of a couch?
- 6.8 How do you get sour milk smell out of fabric?
What Causes The Sour Milk Smell on The Clothes?
Bacteria in milk cause the smell of sour milk on clothes. If the milk stays on the clothes for too long, it will give off a sour smell.
First, you can immediately clean the milk stain and rinse it with hot water to prevent the smell of sour milk. Hot water will kill the bacteria that stick to the clothes while eliminating the sour milk smell.
How To Avoid The Sour Milk Smell?
To avoid the sour smell of milk sticking to clothes, you must wash clothes as soon as possible when clothes get milk.
If you don’t have time to wash them, try soaking the clothes and rinsing them with water to remove as many milk stains as possible.
Also, transfer it to the dryer immediately. When you’re done washing, the clothes are done so that the bacteria on the milk stains do not grow and cause odors.
How do you get a sour smell out of clothes without rewashing?
A sour smell can appear when the clothes have been washed. If the clothes have a sour smell, then you can take the following steps to get rid of the odor without rewashing, namely:
- Soak the affected stain with vinegar for 30 minutes
- Rinse with cold water
- Then dry the clothes.
Another alternative is to mix baking soda and water to make a paste, rub it into the milk stains on your clothes, rinse with water, then pat dry.
You can also try using deodorizing chemicals or natural air fresheners like lavender and lemon oils.
How To Remove Sour Smell From Clothes
1. Pour White Vinegar Into Washing Machine
Add two cups of white vinegar when the clothes are in the washing machine. You can add white vinegar to the prewash tray or washing machine basin.
White vinegar will remove the source of the odor from the milk. It can also help remove stains on clothes.
2. Add Scent Booster
To help deodorize clothes, add a few cups of aroma booster.
3. Add Laundry Detergent Or Pods
If unsure about the aroma enhancer, you can add some detergent. You can add some detergent until it smells good.
4. Wash Clothing On Warm Or Hot/Cold
If you are trying to eliminate unpleasant odors, then you must choose the right temperature for washing.
You can choose hot or warm temperatures to clean stains and remove odors. Because at this temperature, it can kill and clean bacteria on clothes.
5. Add Dryer Sheets To the Dryer
You can add some dryer sheets to the dryer. By drying clothes, you can enhance and change the smell of clothes.
There should be no more sour smell when you dry clothes. So, this step can be an alternative when the sour smell of clothes has not disappeared.
6. Run Clothing Through Dryer
After you finish washing clothes, immediately dry their clothes. Because if left wet, it will tend to smell and grow mold.
This is a video here is a video How To Remove Sour Smell From Clothes :
6 Tips To Prevent Sour Smell In Clothes
Here are six tips to prevent sour smells on clothes:
- Do not leave wet clothes in the basket or laundry basket.
- Hang wet clothes to dry as soon as possible.
- Don’t wear the same clothes two days in a row.
- Don’t wear sweaty clothes for too long.
- Wash your workout clothes after use.
- Keep your laundry room well-ventilated.
Question and Answer
Why do I smell like sour milk when I sweat?
Apart from milk, chances are your clothes smell like sour milk from sweat. Several things cause your work to smell like sour milk, including:
- A buildup of sweat and bacteria on the skin makes it smelly.
- Having a metabolic disorder
You need to consult a doctor to find out the cause and eliminate the smell of sweat.
Will sour milk smell eventually go away from the clothes?
The smell of milk that lingers on clothes will eventually go away on its own but requires a few washes.
What causes a sour smell in the laundry?
Several things can cause your laundry to smell sour, such as sweat and detergent buildup.
If you have rarely washed laundry, it will likely smell sour. Rarely washed laundry can also be one of the reasons why your laundry smells terrible.
Another reason is not using a detergent compatible with the washing machine, which causes the detergent to build up on the clothes, causing an odor.
Why do my towels smell sour after washing?
There are three possible reasons why your towels smell sour after washing. Namely, you used too little detergent, didn’t rinse the towels thoroughly, and you didn’t dry the towels completely.
If the detergent is too little, it will cause the dirt on the towels not to be very clean and will leave an odor.
Rinsing towels not clean can also be the reason for the smell because the towels still have soap on them.
Lastly, when you don’t dry your towels properly, they will become damp and cause odors.
How long does it take for the sour milk smell to go away?
The sour milk smell can last a long time but eventually disappear. The time it takes to eliminate the odor will depend on the scent lingering on the clothes.
In most cases, clothes exposed to the sour milk smell disappear within a few days.
How do you keep your clothes smelling good in storage?
You can do several things to keep your clothes smelling good in storage.
- First, make sure they are clean before you store them.
- Second, use a cedar hanger or sachet to help absorb any odors.
- Finally, keep your clothes in a cool, dry place to prevent odor-causing mold.
How do you get the smell of sour milk out of a couch?
To remove the sour milk smell from the sofa, start by vacuuming the area to remove the milk on the couch.
The next step is to mix vinegar and water in equal proportions.
Rub the stained area of the sofa with a clean cloth, then let it sit for 15 minutes. Finally, use a clean, dry cloth to remove the wetness on the couch.
How do you get sour milk smell out of fabric?
Wash the affected area with warm water and detergent to remove the sour milk smell from the fabric.
Then, rinse thoroughly and dry in direct sunlight if possible.